I love Valentine's Day. I love seeing pink, red and white hearts in every store window and watching the steady trickle of guys walking down the street with their freshly-purchased flowers. I love it that for one day in the year, you're actually expected to eat chocolate. ;)
For Valentine's Day, I always feel like I ought to bake something really decadent and fattening. ;) This year I didn't have time to bake so I settled for making chocolate-covered strawberries. Dan told me beforehand that he didn't like chocolate-covered strawberries, but I made them anyway. I had so much fun dunking the beautiful red berries in the chocolate and drizzling chocolate patterns on them; I was truly like the proverbial "kid in a candy shop." My triumph was complete, however, when Dan was induced to try one and declared that he did like chocolate-covered strawberries after all. ;)
Daniel took me out to dinner at a little Italian place and--would you believe it--when we came home I actually got him to watch part of Pride & Prejudice with me! (If you don't know, this is one of those chic flicks which, whenever named, usually elicits a loud groan from any self-respecting male who happens to be nearby.) I told him I thought it showed incredible greatness of mind, to be willing to broaden one's horizons like that. *angelic look* (I should mention that I have similarly humored him on more than one occasion, and in so doing, my horizons have been broadened to include such worthwhile classics as Godzilla, the Tremors movies (4 in all!) and more shoot-em-ups than you can shake a stick at.) But alas, I started to fall asleep about an hour and a half into the movie, so I guess we'll just have to finish it later. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cool; me liked reading this post. :) It wasn't even too mushy. Sounded like an awesome Valentine's Day, but me would take Godzilla over Pride and Prejudice anyday. :-p
Post a Comment