Wednesday, February 02, 2005

California Dreamin'

As most of you know, we're taking the California Bar Examination this July. What that means, from a practical standpoint, is that we'll eventually be California attorneys. . . which in turn means we will practice in California, at least for a time. It'd bore you to tears if I went into all the possible options we have, such as qualifying for bar exams in other states and reciprocity rules. Suffice it to say, we've been planning, for some time, to move to California probably late this summer/early in the fall.

In light of this, Dan and I (mostly Dan) have been researching the whole prospect of moving to California: living expenses, moving expenses, potential job opportunities and all of the "housekeeping" issues involved with transferring residences to a new state. In some ways it's been fun and exciting; in other ways it's been truly frightening. I'm really looking forward to this next phase of life, but at the same time I'm scared to death. :) There are many "unknowns"--where we'll live, where we'll work, where we'll go to church, etc. I know God has it all figured out for us already, but it's still hard to deal with the emotional upheaval and anxiety.

It's times like this when I'm infinitely grateful for a husband who always points my focus back to where it should be, and who remains strong and anchored when I start to blow with the wind. ;) I'm also thankful for faith in a sovereign God Who is never caught off guard or surprised by anything. My recent prayers have asked that He keep me listening, obedient and trusting.

No comments: