Thursday, February 17, 2005

Extemporaneous Superfluities

This is a post about nothing. In other words, as the name implies, extraneous, superficial squat. As I happened to be at my desk perusing Angel's multiplicitous posts on "our" blog I quickly became aware of the fact that I really have not contributed much to this public window of our married life. In fact, I have so seldom darkened the door to this "Piece of Heaven" that one might wonder if only Angels truly reside here. Armed with the fear of extinction I have endeavored to ensconce myself once again in the halls of this forum and create a post of my own. But alas, what have I to say of any consequence or interest? Apparently naught since so far all I have written is a cacophony of verbage that does little more than dull the senses and confuse the rational part of any reader's mind which may be trying to deduce my meaning. I guess in order to post something on this thingy one needs to have a topic upon which to post. If I were a brilliant sort I would insert an incredible analogy to something akin to a cornerstone or foundation upon which to build a house (you know, something to help explain this to the masses - something they of course never would have thought of!). But as I don't suppose myself to be of brilliance this morning I shall instead reflect upon the events of my yester to see if therein I might find a luminescent pearl of interest to share with you dear readers. Let's see, uhm... nothin' really strikes me so far. I got up in the morning, got dressed for work, came to work, worked all day, went home from work, ate dinner, reveled in the fact I didnt' have to study, spent the evening with my wife (which was very nice) and went to bed so I could feel refreshed and psyched out of my mind when I got up this morning to do it all over again. That is all holding quite true so far except for the psyched out of my mind part. So there you have it folks, the incredible happenings of one called Dan. Unfortunately today hasn't provided me with that banner moment to share either. So far this morning the only remotely stimulating event has been my cup of coffee - which ironically is losing steam (literally) and chilling at a rapid rate as I invest copious amounts of effort and mental resources to this literary work of almost-divine proportions. One day an opera will be written and performed in a flowery European tongue about this event, at which countless thousands will sit in rapt attention, utterly spellbound by the tale of magnificence. Who am I kidding? Anyhoo, whilst this time has been most beneficial (for both of us I'm sure) there are dollars to make; so in the words of one true orator of legend (and by that I can only mean Hopper from A Bug's Life) "Let's ride".

There, aren't you glad we had this talk?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, if I ever doubted that you and I had similar personalities, my doubt just vanished reading your husband's post. I copied it to Pete, who said, "I could have told you what was coming next in almost every sentence."

LOL--The craziest part is that my boyfriend (almost-fiance-if-he-ever-gets-around-to-proposing-even-though-we-already-have-a-wedding-date)is exactly what I was DETERMINED not to marry, at least in terms of his sense of humor. lol Amazing what God can do, isn't it? I can't wait for you to meet Pete!

Kudos, Dan--Thanks to Pete, I followed the whole thing, and it was genuinely funny! You deserve a huge hug, right Angel?

Angel said...

Thanks for the hug, Kelly. My husband's fetish for very big words generally induces in his wife a state of mental trauma, so his directing it at the blog instead is probably a good thing. ;) This way he is spared the total look of incomprehension on my face and I can pretend to be as smart as he is by giving the impression I understood it. *grin*

Congrats on your "unofficial" engagement! I am looking forward to meeting the very lucky man next time we get out to Virginia/HSLDA. :)