Whenever we have a new sonogram (we've had three so far), Dan always immediately takes the pictures straight to work to show his coworkers. (I happen to think this is completely adorable. :))
This latest sonogram (the pictures posted below) was done at a different facility than our doctor's office, one with better equipment and higher resolution imaging capabilities. So these are the best pictures we've gotten so far. Upon leaving our appointment, Dan promptly confiscated the entire strip of pictures and carried them off to his office.
Later he remarked, "You know what was interesting? My coworkers were all surprised at how much it already looks like a baby."
I said, "Of course it already looks like a baby. What did they expect it to look like?"
"I don't know. I guess they just think it should look like a mass of tissue."
Isn't it sad that if you repeat propaganda loud enough, often enough and for long enough, you can get people to believe anything? There is an entire generation of Americans out there that believes 14-week-old babies in utero should look like masses of tissue. I guess I'm glad we're challenging that thinking. :)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We had an ultrasound of Meredith at 13 weeks and I was surprised by how clearly you could see a little profile and little arms and legs. Amazing.
So excited for you guys. :)
Why so many sonograms already?
Wow, that's a lot of ultrasounds for 14 weeks! Our very last ultrasound of Madison was done on the day she was born (one week past the due date). Our doctor had just gotten a new 3-D ultrasound & the pictures were AMAZING! Unfortunately, Madison was ready to come out & her head was too far down for us to get a decent picture of her!
Post a Comment