Last weekend Dan and I rented "Hancock" starring Will Smith. At first I lobbied against this choice because all I knew was that it was a superhero movie and I am so over the endless saga of superhero movies being churned out by Hollywood. I finally consented to watch it only because Will Smith is in it, and who doesn't like Will Smith? :)
I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. This movie is nothing like the average superhero movie, with the same basic superhero storyline, i.e., the hero's backstory, the hero's nemesis, the hero's love interest, the hero's inner struggle and the hero's ultimate triumph over evil. This movie plops you into the middle of Hancock's life with no backstory at all and takes you through several events (with a major surprise twist) before you learn anything about him. The ending is also a surprise, but satisfying.
Anyway. If you're looking for a fun movie to rent, this is a good one. It's not for kids, but it's a great date night movie because it should appeal to both the guys and the gals. :)
I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. This movie is nothing like the average superhero movie, with the same basic superhero storyline, i.e., the hero's backstory, the hero's nemesis, the hero's love interest, the hero's inner struggle and the hero's ultimate triumph over evil. This movie plops you into the middle of Hancock's life with no backstory at all and takes you through several events (with a major surprise twist) before you learn anything about him. The ending is also a surprise, but satisfying.
Anyway. If you're looking for a fun movie to rent, this is a good one. It's not for kids, but it's a great date night movie because it should appeal to both the guys and the gals. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment