Friday, November 07, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joel!

Today is my brother Joel's 22nd birthday. This is us on our trip down the California coast in June (he's the one on the left):



Joel is currently a senior at George Mason University in Virginia, majoring in electrical engineering. He graduates in May and I am so proud... he'll be the first one in our immediate family to graduate from a "real" college. (Not to knock Oak Brook or anything... well okay, yes, knocking Oak Brook a little. ;)) He's a straight-A student and he's on the dean's list. He knows calculus and physics and can figure out a Rubix cube. His woefully-inept-at-math sister (that's me!) thinks he's a certifiable genius.

Joel is perpetually cheerful and easygoing. When I still lived at home, if I needed help with something, Joel was the guy to ask. He could fix anything, from hair dryers to car starters, and he never complained when I asked for help. He's diligent, reliable, trustworthy and kind. He also has a great sense of humor and a wonderful singing voice.

I love you, Joel! Make 22 your best year yet. :)

No comments: