
Gabby is turning 7 today. I can't believe it! She was practically a baby when I got married and moved away. Now she's a beautiful, vivacious "big girl" with the winningest smile you'll ever see. :)
Gabby is quite a character. Whereas many of my siblings are a little shy, Gabby is outgoing and friendly. She laughs a lot, plays a lot, and talks a lot. She loves it when Dan and I come to visit and barely lets go of us the entire time.
She's also a miracle, you might say. When she was about a year and a half old, she fell about 30 feet from a third-story window. She had climbed up into the windowsill and was leaning against the screen, which gave way. Providentially, the screen fell with her and broke her fall. She suffered nothing worse than a few minor scrapes and bruises, though of course we had the paramedics come and take her to the hospital for ex-rays, just to be sure.
I still can't think of that day without getting a huge lump in my throat. I'm so grateful that God spared her little life and let her stay with us. She is a constant ray of sunshine in our lives. :)
I love you, Gabster! Can't wait to see you when we visit next.
Gabby is quite a character. Whereas many of my siblings are a little shy, Gabby is outgoing and friendly. She laughs a lot, plays a lot, and talks a lot. She loves it when Dan and I come to visit and barely lets go of us the entire time.
She's also a miracle, you might say. When she was about a year and a half old, she fell about 30 feet from a third-story window. She had climbed up into the windowsill and was leaning against the screen, which gave way. Providentially, the screen fell with her and broke her fall. She suffered nothing worse than a few minor scrapes and bruises, though of course we had the paramedics come and take her to the hospital for ex-rays, just to be sure.
I still can't think of that day without getting a huge lump in my throat. I'm so grateful that God spared her little life and let her stay with us. She is a constant ray of sunshine in our lives. :)
I love you, Gabster! Can't wait to see you when we visit next.
No comments:
Post a Comment