Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sam!

My friend Janice does a good job of commemorating birthdays on her blog. I've never been much good at 1) blogging consistently or 2) remembering birthdays, but I've always thought that Janice's practice was an admirable one.

So, I've been thinking about it lately, and I decided that this will be the year where I will [try] to catalogue the birthdays of my nearest and dearest and let them know how they are special to me. What's that you say? It's September? Oh. Yeah, I know. I meant the school year. Or something. :-P (My ability to follow through on this resolution will be tested immediately, as there are about 20 family birthdays in September alone.)

Anyway, today just happens to be the birthday of my youngest brother, Sam, who is turning 16 today. This picture is a year old, but it was the best I could manage on the fly. . .


Sam is a trooper. He's six years younger than his next oldest brother and sandwiched in the middle of a whole passel o' sisters (six, to be exact). I always say that he's going to make a great husband/dad because he will understand women perfectly by the time he moves out of my parents' house.

Sam is a hard worker and a deep thinker. He is generally somewhat reserved, saving words for when he has something important to say, but he also has a great sense of humor and a ready smile. He tells me he wants to become an uncle before his "youth wastes away." The goof.

I love you, Sam. Hope your 16th birthday is awesome. :) And don't worry, you still have a couple years of "youth" left. ;)

No comments: