Today is also the birthday of my sister, Jewel:
Here is my sweet little princess:

Here is my sweet little princess:

Jewel is turning 9 today. I can hardly believe it. I remember the day she was born, and it doesn't seem like it was so very long ago.
Jewel is quite serious for a nine-year-old and she ponders things more deeply than most kids her age. Of all my little sisters, she probably has written me the most letters, in which she candidly discusses things like dying and heaven and salvation. I am always amazed at the depth of her thinking.
On the other hand, Jewel is not a somber child. I used to call her my little ray of sunshine because that's what she is ... yellow and warm, in a quiet sort of way, like a morning sunbeam sitting on your countertop. She's very affectionate and sweet and is always ready with a hug. :)
Happy birthday, Jewel! We love you and miss you!
3 comments:
Loving your bday posts! Yay for little sisters!
omigosh, Angel - she looks JUST like you!
Hey....don't forget that I turned 32 on the same day! Where's my shout-out? ;-)
Post a Comment