Today is my father-in-law, Ed's, birthday.
He's the one on the far right. (Not that I needed to clarify that, probably.)
Ed is an engineer, which I think is great, because my own dad is an engineer and so I "get" the engineer-dad thing. Engineer dads like Ed are intelligent, meticulous and detail-oriented. They are always willing to explain things to you. Plus, they are super handy to have around because they can fix anything. ;)
But I think the greatest tribute I can pay to Ed is that he raised a really remarkable son. Ed grew up in a more or less broken family, without a good father figure to serve as a role model, and he still managed to become a pretty awesome dad himself. I think that's something worth admiring.
So Ed, I hope you have a great 58th birthday. (And I hope you don't mind that I just advertised your age to the world. ;)) Thanks for being such a good dad to Dan, and such a good dad-in-law to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment