Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Bro

My brother Michael was in town this past weekend, on his way from the east coast to China, where he will be living for the next year (he has enrolled in a college in Beijing, to learn the language and eventually to minister there). He had never been to northern California before, so we took him on the whirlwind tour. Saturday we spent the day in San Francisco; Sunday we went hiking in the Sierra foothills. And we took many pictures with our new camera. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Golden Gate Bridge, with the city in the background

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Yes, it was cloudy in the morning, but it turned into a
gorgeous sunny day around 11:00 a.m.!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The famous "Painted Ladies" on "Postcard Row"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My two handsome guys!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The view from Coit Tower

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

lachen said...

How beautiful are the mountains at the feet of Him...

And also the ocean, streets, trees, famous slanting streets, etc. WOW!

And congrats to your brother. May the Chinese newly know how much Jesus loves them through his call.

Alison said...

Nice pictures. Isn’t having a digital camera fun? I love mine, but, unfortunately, I have the grass-is-greener disease and BADLY want a Cannon Rebel digital. [sigh] On our trip to WA/OR in July we managed to take 3,000+ pictures on our friends’ Rebel, thus falling in love....

And, yes, I’m a tardy blogger with getting pictures from that trip posted. Soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan! I've been watching your blog for a few weeks now (I think Shaunna sent me the link?). Anyhow, sounds like you and Angel are doing great. Melinda and I are taking a road trip down to CA, we'll hopping all over, visiting her brother in Sacramento, the Masters College, San Francisco, LA, and who knows where else! God Bless!