Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fondue, for Two

On Tuesday, I received the following e-mail from my hubby:

"I would be honored if you would accept an invitation to dinner this week - perhaps tomorrow
evening? I would further like to extend the invitation to you to choose the restaurant of your choice."


I love it when he surprises me like that. :)

Once, back in Portland, Dan's coworkers took him out to The Melting Pot for a birthday lunch. He raved about it afterwards and I have wanted to go there ever since. Lucky for us, there's one right here in Sacramento. So can you guess where I wanted to go last night? *grin*

We had so much fun. Our waitress was very nice and helpful in guiding us through the confusing menu. And after about three courses, I told Daniel that it felt a bit like Thanksgiving -- there is so much good food you want to keep eating, but you just can't hold another bite. :)

I really have to say though, the highlight of the meal was the dessert course -- white and dark chocolate fondue swirled together with strawberries, pineapple, banana, cheesecake, pound cake, marshmallows and brownie pieces for dipping. Such delectable treats really ought to be illegal. ;)

2 comments:

lachen said...

OK, no fair. My darling husband always wants to eat sushi. Hmmm... raw fish vs fondue. You definitely got the better end of that stick!

Happy date nighting...

Anna Howard said...

btw, I tagged you for a book meme... check out me blog-o ;-)