Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Book Blog

Anna has tagged me with the following rather intellectual assignment. I'm hardly the theo-philosophical "bookivore" that she is, having gotten my fill of dry reading in law school, but I think I can generate at least a list of classic novels. ;)

1. One book that changed your life: A Path Through Suffering, by Elisabeth Elliot.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens. And A Tale of Two Cities (my favorite of his).

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Robinson Crusoe. For obvious reasons. ;)
4. One book that made you laugh: Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen, and Lady Susan, too. She had a great sense of humor. :)
5. One book that made you cry: Jane Eyre.
6. One book you wish had been written: How to Survive Life Without Losing Yourself (or Anything Else Important).

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Da Vinci Code. Too many people have been deceived by that book.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Twelve Extraordinary Women, by John MacArthur.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Nicholas Nickleby, by Dickens again. I believe it's the only Dickens classic I haven't read.
10. One book you’d like to write: My Memoirs: A Tongue-in-Cheek Look at Life and the Pure Enjoyment of Human Folly. Yeah, so I know it'd never make a best-seller list. But I think it'd be awfully fun to write. ;)


Anna already tagged Heidi, who was my best bet for an utterly exhaustive response. ;) But I'll tag Lachen, because I know she loves to read. And Kelly too, if she happens to stop by anytime soon. *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like books that make you laugh try this one:

A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

Toole died before the book was published so publishers balked at producing a book by an unknown, deceased author. But his mother persisted and finally got it published, I believe in 1962. It is the only book I can recall making me actually laugh out loud.

It's filled with wonderfully daffy characters, fully drawn, and situations that make your eyes water. If you can find it, read it!

Anonymous said...

I love tale of two cities too! And read Nicholas Nickleby... I loved it!