Monday, August 07, 2006

"If only I could have a puppy. . ." (or a cat)

I like The Puppy Song . Daniel thinks it's hilarious when I sing it. Until recently, anyway.

Lately I have been begging Daniel to let me get a pet. At first I was lobbying for a puppy, but he has mostly convinced me that this would be a bad time to take on puppy care (since we're gone at work all day every day and we go out of town fairly frequently, yada yada).

I still really want a puppy, but I think I have to wait a couple of years for that. *sigh* So now I'm re-focusing my efforts and trying to convince him to let me get a cat. ;)

Cats don't need that much attention. And we could have it de-clawed, to spare the furniture. I'd be responsible for the litterbox. The food and vet bills aren't that expensive. This could work. Really.

I'll keep you posted as to my success. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I think you should get Angel a cat. Just cuz you love her, and a CAT is not too much to ask for. O:-)
-me

Anonymous said...

my cat can pretty much take care of humself for a weekend alone, and certianly long days. they don't need as much toys or training.
Mine is currently at my folks, since my employer has allergies. And while I do miss him, I notice how little trouble he deminds of me (especially conpared to the kids).

Anonymous said...

No puppy and no cat!

Puppies need constant attention, they do bad things on the carpet or floor, they smell funny until they're a year or so old, if they're small they're also loud, if they're big they eat a lot and scare people.

Cats are dirty. Yeah, I know people think they're soooo clean, but consider this. They do their toilet business in a sandbox or dirt if you let them out, walk around in it, then go to sleep on your pillow. If you don't respond properly to their every whim they will leave a present for you on that pillow. Many people are allergic to cats (for good reason), they will leave big hairballs around the house, and if you let them outside they will get themselves run over.

I know there are exceptions of course, but having animals in the house is well, just wrong :) I know, we have five cats and two dogs!

They do provide some good laughs though, but I recommend buying a farm with some dairy cows and some layers. Still a lot of work, but great pleasure and a small income as well.

Anonymous said...

"Daniel-Son"! Let your poor wife get a kitten! They're so easy to take care of. Eric and I throw about 4 days worth of food in a bowl, fill the water bowl and leave the toilet seat up (for emergency water drinking...ew) when we leave town and our cats don't know the difference. In fact I think they LIKE it when we leave town cuz we give them extra food and they can eat like fat-lards, lol. Anyway, they're way easy. And I gotta say, they make great pets. Don't be an ogar...give the girl a furry friend. I mean, if you don't do something, next she will want a horse...and then a baby. ;) You are treading very delicate water, Daniel-Son. LOL.

Angel said...

Allan: Seeing as my hubby is balking at the idea of shelling out the $$ for cat food and vet bills, I think the "buy a farm" option will be rather low on his list of fun things to do. ;) Plus, I'm not what you'd call a "farm girl." We had chickens when I was a kid. . . spiteful rooster and all. *grin*

Anna Howard said...

LOL! I just went through this whole phase thing with Jody... and what happened? Right when we'd decided to get a puppy possibly towards the end of winter, a kitten showed up starving, flea infested, and clearly needing a good home... so now we have Oliver :-P see my blog for a pic... And I'm soundly convinced that my baby animal and my baby longings are safely in two completely seperate categories... I think... ;-)