We had a nice weekend. Saturday morning saw us up relatively early and Dan went off with Jason for boy-bonding time while I exercised, showered, cleaned house and ran a few errands. I found a great Earl Jean denim jacket while I was out--total cost to me: $3.00! Talk about a morning well spent. *grin* When I got back, Dan and his cousin Grant were waiting for me at the apartment. They had planned to go golfing--without me, because it was raining, but the rain had stopped/slowed, so they talked me into going with them. Happily, the weather improved over the course of the afternoon. Best moment of the day: I hit a 130-something yard drive off the tee on the second hole. It went past the green by about 20 feet, but I didn't care. It was a good drive. ;)
We totally vegged out for the rest of afternoon, napped on the couch, etc. (Side note: We ended up getting free cable TV for the weekend--long story--but I just want to go on record as saying that cable is NOT worth the money. Wanna know what we actually watched out of our 70-something channels? Half of a golf match on the golf channel and half a cooking show on the Food Channel. I think I just don't like TV. :-P)
Saturday night Dan took me to dinner at this Thai restaurant I've been wanting to try (it was awesome!) and then we went and saw Sahara in the theatre. Honest assessment: dumb movie, but the stunts were kind of cool. *grin*
And then yesterday I spent most of the day catching up on chores around the house and doing crafty things like crocheting and rubber stamping. Merissa came over for a couple of hours in the evening and that was fun.
Funny story of the week: Last Saturday (the 9th) we went garage sale shopping and while we were out, we ran into our pastor's wife. I went to pay for a purchase while Dan was talking to her and while I was gone she asked him if we were finding anything good. He said we had found a couple of good things and then remarked, "There have been a lot of baby clothes and baby stuff." What he meant of course is that there had been lots of baby stuff for sale, not that we had been finding (and buying) lots of baby stuff. Unfortunately Mrs. Pastor took it the other way and glibly congratulated my mother-in-law at church the next morning, saying "I hear you're going to be a grandma!" My dear mother-in-law was too polite to ask Dan and me about it, thinking perhaps we intended to keep it a secret from the family (?). But my more-forward sister-in-law promptly checked with Dan and got the record straightened out. Sheesh, the way rumors get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment