Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Martha Stewart Moments

At the outset, I must draw your attention to the fact I titled this "Martha Stewart Moments", not "Martha Stewart Living." First of all, the phrase "Martha Stewart Living" is copyrighted or trademarked or some other similar thing, and being a good student of the law, I shouldn't wish to infringe on another's legal privileges. Secondly, I should never presume to liken my every day life to Martha Stewart's (and by that I mean her life before, during and after her brief tenure at Camp Cupcake).

What I do claim in the above title is to have Martha Stewart-esque moments, that is, moments when I do something very domestic and housewifely that turns out surprisingly well. These moments may be few and far between, but I do have them. ;)

One such moment occurred this past Saturday when I decided to make a "special" dinner for Daniel and myself. We had talked about eating out, but at the last minute (and even after making reservations!) we simply decided we wanted to have a nice, quiet dinner at home. I had been planning to try some new recipes for a couple of weeks anyway and I had all the ingredients I needed on hand.

So, I rolled up my sleeves and started working on a recipe for Chicken Marsala which I found on allrecipes.com (*Editor's Note: This is a WONDERFUL website for anyone who ever has to cook.) I served it with garlic mashed potatoes, an organic green salad and toasted onion basil foccacia bread I got at Trader Joe's, with a raspberry-lemon tart for dessert. The meal turned out absolutely incredible. I was practically giddy at my success and proudly exclaimed, after the servings had been lovingly arranged on my best dinner plates: "It looks as good as a restaurant!" *grin*

Ahh, the things that make me happy. O:-)

No comments: