We've been really blessed to be part of our church's "young marrieds" Sunday School class for the past year and a half. Recently, we've been studying through the book of Acts together. I really like the book of Acts; I think the time period it covers was such an exciting and formulative time for the young church and I never get tired of reading about it, so I've been enjoying the lessons quite a bit lately. But aside from the subject matter itself, I'm always encouraged by our teacher Gary's handling of the Scriptures and the way he always makes the study applicable to everyday life. In addition, he and his wife Penny are also a spectacular example to our whole class of a healthy, Christ-honoring marriage.
As I looked around the table yesterday at the faces of the other couples in the class, I was thinking about how much I will miss that group of people. I am sure we'll find a good church/community in California too, but I am really thankful for the time we've spent getting to know our friends at our current church. We will miss them greatly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment