Monday, October 04, 2004

"But be of good cheer. . ."

Those of you who speak with us often are aware of the recent situation which arose regarding our graduation from law school. With only four weeks left in our final semester, we found out last Friday that, due to a misprint in our school syllabus at the beginning of the year, we are each one credit shy of the total credits we need to graduate. Given how hard this semester has been already, this latest setback truly seemed like the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Both Daniel and I spent portions of Friday and Saturday worrying about how we were going to complete an entire extra credit's worth of schoolwork between now and October 30. But the message that kept coming through to us was this: God is in control.

In the midst of the fear and stress I have been surprised today (why surprised, I don't know, because I shouldn't be) to feel God's presence closer than usual, and in spite of the somewhat daunting task before us, I think we have each begun to feel a certain amount of peace.

I have been in this "classroom" of His so many times before; it's almost sad that I need to keep repeating the lesson. I struggle and struggle to accomplish things in my own strength, while all the time God is right there waiting with arms outstretched, urging me to run to Him and let Him carry me to the finish line.
And the thing about God is, He always delivers on His promises. Nothing I have ever committed into His keeping has been lost. I know I can calmly and confidently give Him this as well.

"In the world you will have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." --John 16:33

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Oh my gosh! You're having a great attitude. I'll pray that everything works out. Keep looking UP.