Monday, October 04, 2004

Anniversaries and Birthdays!

Anniversaries and birthdays are very good things. But both are even better when they happen to be yours. ;)

That is why, my last blog notwithstanding, this is going to be a very good week. My birthday is on Thursday and--the woeful fact of aging aside--I like my birthday. I don't think I'll ever get too old to get excited about getting presents, and with a wonderful husband who positively dotes on me, the presents this year have been amazing. Exhibit A: He bought tickets for us to go see Norah Jones perform live last week! That was so much fun, and totally unexpected on my part. :)

The other reason why this is going to be a very good week is that our one-year anniversary is on Saturday, October 9th. The Norah Jones feat was pretty spectacular, but it was nothing compared to the surprise Daniel cooked up to celebrate our anniversary: (drum roll please) we're going back to Hawaii (the island of Kawai, if you're interested) , which is where we honeymooned last year. We leave Thursday for five glorious days of sunshine, warm weather, and most importantly, NO WORK. Notice I did not say "no school"--due to our impending finals the school books are coming too. Nonetheless, I'm so excited!

Stay tuned for snorkeling pictures. *grin*

1 comment:

Amy K said...

How fun! We were just talking this morning about planning a trip to Hawaii. Our vacation time tends to get eaten up with "busy vacations." We've decided that sometime in the next year or so we need to have a relaxing vacation. Hope you guys have lots of fun - can't wait to see pics. :) -Amy