Ok, so before I start let me set something straight. This is DAN writing this post. Not a plea from an emotionally, financially and attention starved wife desperately trying to set the rest of the male world aright so as not to befall the desperate fate of the author. No sir. ;) No doubt there are men who will curse my name for saying such a thing. But I tell you, it is true - if the man in every woman's life devoted the same amount of time and energy to making sure she was "all she could be" in the textile, fragrance, handbook, shoe and makeup department as they did to their petty sports, boorish amusements and other testosterone-drowned pursuits, lemme tell ya, we would all be better off. *grin*
Now I need to make two very important clarifications before continuing, the first being that each relationship is subject to diffirent boundaries financially, but that doesen't mean that each man can't still make his girl feel like a princess. I have a buddy who is, I'm sure, just around the corner from making some serious bank, but until that time he has to contend with a few challenges. In spite of that he manages to come up with all kinds of creative ideas to make his girl feel special on his limited budget. The second point is that the benefits derived from this whole theory can be quickly snuffed out by an ungrateful attitude on the part of the girl. Now I understand that most guys probably deserve an "It's about time" response when they do something for their wife, but at the same time that might just go and put out the spark he somehow managed to light.
That out of the way, I just want to say that personally I have put this into practice and it has been fantastic. First of all my wife is really happy (and always 100% grateful). She loves to get new clothes, makeup, purses, flowers etc. (what woman doesen't?) The second benefit is that she looks great... of course there are times when you have to actually consult her before purchasing something. I've discovered that good intentions do not necessarily mean good taste. ;) The third and best part is that it will probably be some of the best money you spend and you'll feel great. If I had $500 to spend I could probably be happy with $10 on myself and $490 on her. It is so much fun to see her face light up and that great big smile split her face whenever I get her something. It might sound like I'm trying to buy my wife's love, but nothing could be further from the truth: one of the best parts is that she loves me so selflessly and unconditionally that buying her things is just really easy.
Imagine if every man, within his abilities, at least made an effort to "accessorize" his girl on a regular basis? Women everywhere would be happier and feel loved and accepted. Tangible objects of course never replace quality time or a gentle kiss but they can be a reflection of how you feel about your wife and how she in turn is able to show off that affection to others. Women would be more secure about themselves and be more confident. They'd traipse out the door in the morning wearing a new perfume, necklace, jacket, shoes or purse or having just spotted the flowers she got the night before and her thoughts would be that she was loved and happy. And they would feel that their guy had an interest in things that are a part of who they are as women. How often have you seen a guy buying his wife lipstick or a pair of new shoes? It's sure to strike a deep impression.
It is my opinion that men too often forget that spoiling their girl a little now and then is an important part of showing her you love her. :) Doing the dishes, washing her car, leaving her notes, or going on a walk are very important and wonderful things, but every man should also remember the icing on the cake is important too.
At any rate, it is my firm belief that if every guy was a real man he'd take the time to help accessorize his wife. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen! -A
I'm almost tearin' up over here. Dan, I do have to wonder if your wife put you up to it. ;-) Nah....I'm jokin. I'm all about spoiling m'lady. Life can be grand. :-)
Matt
Post a Comment