So, this is the second attempt by me to actually create a post for our "blog". Ever since that fateful day when my wife's curiosity and got the better of her and she just had to see what this whole "blogging" things was all about. It was rather analogous to her coming home with a puppy and with pleading eyes asking, "can we keep it?" Except in this case there were no pleading eyes and no asking - we just had one. I guess the good news is that it doesen't cost anything, we don't have to feed it and it doesen't take up much space. Given the still-newly-married status of our marriage, many grand ambitions still remain of keeping our hobbies and interests as parallel as possible so as to be able to spend as much of our free time together as possible. And so, seeing as how this is the very first time I've posted anything to this forum since its birth some weeks past... here is my two cents. I did begin one other posting and received a rather doleful and disappointed set of responses when my darling dearest learned that I had just deleted it to do another time. I received prompt instruction on how if you press "Ctrl" and "D" at the same time I could save it as a draft and come back later to finish it.
So what exactly does one do in the process of "blogging"? It would seem that this is a venue in which we share experiences and knowledge or, as I did, fall prey to my wife's big, innocent, blue eyes. In an effort to get into this practice, I shall begin by describing one of the best and most romantic dates I have had with my wife in quite a while.
Now, you must understand a few things before I begin... my wife and I are hopeless romantics; nothing makes happier than to while away the time in a fine restaurant on pilings above the gently lapping tide of the Pacific while watching the sun sink silently beneath the waves. Or, as you may have guessed from a pervious posting, an evening spent strolling on a busy downtown street, sipping lattes and espressos in quaint coffee shops while dining at French or Italian bistros. Or, we might stop at a nostalgic 50's diner amidst a day of shopping at every store we fancy, selling furniture to fruit. Ok. So yea, I waxed poetic there for a moment - love makes you do these things. At any rate, you can probably get a picture of the kinds of things we like to do.
Well last night was diffirent. We'd spent quite a bit of time doing school work of various assortments during the day and were somewhat tired by the evening. It's one of those situations where you feel like doing something but aren't sure what exactly. Angel wasn't feeling too well and things weren't looking too hopeful. Well we went and rented a movie, "The Preacher's Wife" (good romantic Christmas movie if you like black actors and Whitney Houston). Then I did something I haven't done in a while - I helped make dinner. We had this coconut shrimp batter we'd gotten from somewhere and so I mixed that up and battered and fried a pound of shrimp that Angel had gotten earlier in the week. She prepared a delicous salad that included mushrooms, italian olives, cheese and avocados. She also whipped up (and I don't know how she does this) this raspberry glaze dipping sauce for the shrimp that was amazing. Just as a side note - my wife has the must uncanny and incredible ability to just "whip up" some very delicious food. I turned on some Jazz, set the table and lit some candles. It's gotten rather cold here already, so I lit a fire and several other candles in our living room (Angel and I are candle freaks). The food was amazing and we had our own little "restaurant" all to ourselves. We listened to the jazz, got lost in each other's eyes in the candlelight and sipped Perrier - it was perfect. After dinner we did the dishes and brewed some special coffee from this Pacamera Estate in El Salvador (Angel and I happen to be fine coffee freaks too). It's grown on the rim of a volcano and is really very good (if you like coffee that is) Starbucks has it right now for a limited time if you are interested. Then we sat on our comfy leather couch (much better than any theater seating) and watched the movie while sipping our mochas Angel made and eating "movie" candy (ya know, gobstoppers, skittles etc.) The movie was quite enjoyable and while sitting there on the couch that evening I couldn't have been happier. I think the whole thing cost us less than $20 and was probably one of my favorite "dates" yet. Just goes to show you that it's not $ or atmosphere that matters - it's spending time with the one you love. I know some of you are probably saying "awwww" and some of you "bleccckkhh" at this point. Hehe, that's alright - either way - I love my wife and this is my two cents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm of the "awwwww" variety...
Post a Comment