Even before we moved here, I wanted to go visit the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, California. I'm not even that big of a jelly bean fan. I just thought it would be fun. :)Well, after several weeks of coaxing, I finally got Daniel to take me there yesterday. We learned all about how they make jelly beans and how they come up with their unique flavors. I also learned that I do not look good in the hats they make you wear while you're in the factory (it's one of those sideways ones -- like hot dog vendors or the poor employees at old-fashioned diners wear). Dan, however, looks very cute in them. *grin* Alas, we didn't take a camera so I couldn't memorialize it for you.
I think we were the only adults in the whole factory without kids in tow. It was fun to have so many kids around, but wow, was it ever crazy! The candy store was (of course) the craziest part because all the kids were zooming around trying to look at everything. It reminded me of a scene out of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. :)
4 comments:
Well, we went Halloween weekend not thinking that it would be crazy with kids all over the place dressed up in costumes and loads of free candy, musicians, magicians, clowns, balloons, etc., etc. It was WILD.
No fair. :) Those of us who LOVE Jelly Bellies and woulod have used our children as an excuse for this outing are trying not to be jealous of your experience.
Did you get to try any butter popcorn flavored ones? Those are my favorites!
We did try the popcorn ones. However, my favorite are probably the peach. :)
Very cool. I am jealous.
Eric of ericandshaunna.com
Post a Comment