Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Land of Fruits and Nuts

When we first moved here, I remarked to Daniel, and he agreed, that there's something about living in California that just makes me feel healthier. Maybe it's the fact that there are almost as many Jamba Juices as there are Starbucks. Or maybe it's because good quality fresh fruits and vegetables are so much more readily available here. Or maybe it's just the extra sunshine.

Now, over a month later, we still feel healthier -- and actually are. Recently we discovered that we've each slimmed down about 5-6 lbs. since our move. Granted, we are taking walks almost every evening, working out at the gym a couple of times a week and taking 15-25 mile bike rides on the weekends. And yes, enjoying the abundance of fresh fruits and Jamba Juice. But it's really cool because we haven't even been trying . . . the beautiful weather just makes us itch to be outdoors and active. If I lose a few more pounds I could actually fit back into my wedding dress . . . not that I'd have any reason to, but it'd be nice to know that I could. ;)

Just one more thing I really like about California so far. :)

6 comments:

lachen said...

If you love it here, try MAUI. :) *grin* I, too, share your love affair with Jamba Juice - the Berry Cooler Smoothie is a particular favorite!

So glad you are experiencing such a positive and energetic beginning to being a Californian...

Anonymous said...

No fair! Maybe I should move to California!

Angel said...

Yes, yes, Heidi -- move to California. You'll lose 10 lbs. the very first day. I promise! :-D

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... move to California ... I wouldn't mind either ;-)

~FD

Anonymous said...

Hmm, 10 lbs on the first day, huh? ;) Somehow that just sounds too good to be true.

Alas, with the good jobs we both have here, I don't think we'll be moving anytime soon. (Sorry, Fred!)

Anna Howard said...

Ah yes, I miss Jamba Juice... nothing like it down here... although, if I moved back to LA, I would miss all the trees... hmmm