Dan and I filed our applications to take the July California Bar Exam this morning. I was surprised to find my heart beating a little quicker than usual as I hit the "Submit" button on the online application form. The Bar has been on the distant horizon for so long; now it's here, looming very close and very large right in front of us.
It's so incredible to think that almost five years ago I started out on this whole law school adventure, and here I am today, married, 3000 miles away from everything I knew before and about to take the most difficult exam of my life. . . and I'm loving every minute of it. :) (Well, except for the being away from home part. ;)) This next phase of life holds so much hope and promise--drastic changes, to be sure, but beautiful, exciting changes. I can't even begin to imagine where we will be in the next five years. . . or ten, or twenty, or fifty, for that matter!
Of course, right now we just need to survive the next five months. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know the feeling exactly - a hopeful expectation that what you're doing today will build upon the uncertain future, while still enjoying the present. Life holds lots of memorable and rewarding surprises, especially when you take it head on.
You know, I never thought I'd have to think about that feeling, but here I am, planning to marry an OakBrook student... *grin* You go guys!
Post a Comment