Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hump Day

It's Wednesday, or "hump day" as I've heard it called. I guess the idea is that if you can get over the "hump," it's all downhill until the weekend?

It's a very mundane Wednesday, as Wednesdays go. I'm at the office, of course, wishing it were later than only noon. *grin* It's raining outside, as it has been for the past two weeks, which--notwithstanding the gorgeous weather we enjoyed in February and the first half of March--is starting to annoy me a little.

We had a nice Easter; we went to church in the morning and then had Easter dinner with Daniel's family and a few friends. It was my first experience eating lamb and the verdict is, I think it's delicious! (Of course, that might be due to Daniel's mother's cooking more than the meat itself. *wink*)

The day before Easter I got the bug to bake something "Eastery." Dan & Jace had gone golfing for the afternoon (yes, in the pouring rain) so, since I was home with nothing else to do, I tried my hand at making Marshmallow Chickies. Let's just say the result left a little to be desired. I followed the recipe exactly and it looked like it was working great. . . until I attempted to form the bodies & heads of the "chickies", that is.
My poor little "chickies' " heads kept melting into their bodies, so I ended up with misshapen blobs which Dan later tactfully described as looking like roadkill. (Nice of him, right?) Not one to be discouraged, I decided to convert my blobs into marshmallow easter eggs by decorating them with icing and colored sugar. I had sticky marshmallow batter and colored sugar all over myself and the kitchen by the time I was finished, but I had fun. ;) And the result wasn't so horrible--I took the "eggs" to my in-laws' the next day and Dan's sister said they tasted just like the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. Hmm--not quite the result I was going for, but it works! :)

Having caught the "golfing bug" on Saturday, Dan decided to go to a driving range on Monday night and he took me with him. I like nearly all sports and I'm always willing to learn to play new ones, so I was happy to go along and work on my swing. It was only my third time at a driving range, but I felt like I made more progress this time than the previous two. Dan thought so too, so he said he'd take me golfing on a real course this weekend. I'm excited! ;)

But duty calls--so back to the grind I go.

Happy Wednesday everybody! :)

1 comment:

Paperslut said...

Happy Wednesday to you too!
Really like your blog

Do visit mine...
http://yellowwonderwall.blogspot.com/