It's been awhile since I posted so I thought I'd better blog about something, even if it is just a random series of thoughts about nothing in particular. ;)
We've had Jace's fiancee Vanessa staying with us since last Friday. It's been great fun to have her; I took the day off on Wednesday and the two of us went shopping together. :) I've also been thrilled twice this week when Vanessa has offered to cook dinner. There is something soooo lovely about walking in the front door after working all day and smelling a delicious meal already completely prepared. *grin* Jace, of course, has been in a state of euphoria for the last week, and is, I'm sure, deeply dreading saying goodbye to Vanessa when she goes back to New Mexico tomorrow.
The four of us went and saw "Robots" last night, which was actually much better than I expected. I admit to being a huge fan of old musicals--yes, nerdy I know ;)--so Fender's rendition of Singin' in the Rain ("Singin' in the Oil") nearly made me cry, I was laughing so hard. There are some other cute parts too, and some great lines. The story itself is a bit cliche, but all in all it was a fun movie.
This morning I've been very productive, but now I seem to have run into a brick wall as far as locating a particular claimant. . . his address is no longer valid and there are no phone numbers for him anywhere. I've contacted everyone I can think of who might know where he is; I even tried to reach his mother, but there was no answer when I called. Hmmm. I think it's time to put that file aside until I get some new leads.
In other news, Dan and I are taking another trip southward in a few weeks. This time we're staying in San Francisco for a couple of days first and then spending another two days back in Sacramento for interviews and some more scouting. I'm really excited about going to San Francisco--I've never been there (except for the airport) and any new big city is always fun for me. :) I've always had this crazy life-long wish to see the Golden Gate Bridge (I love bridges).
I think that does it for blogging for now; there are many more files to pick up now that I have set that last one aside. Have a happy & safe Easter, everybody! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment