I seldom go see movies in the theatre more than once. For one thing, it's way too expensive to shell out $8.50 a person numerous times to see the same movie. For another thing, if we go to the theatre I inevitably face the difficult job of steering my husband away from the popcorn, candy and Starbucks coffee, which tend to further increase the theatre-going cost.
I made an exception to this rule, however, with the recent movie, Hitch. We have now seen it in the theatre three times. :-P
If you don't know the story, "Hitch" (a.k.a. Alex Hitchins; a.k.a. "The Date Doctor") helps unlucky men better their love lives by "creating opportunities" for them to get a date with the unattainable girl of their dreams and hopefully, eventually marry the girl and live happily ever after. The story centers around his "help" in getting the clumsy Albert Brenaman hooked up with a gorgeous (and surprisingly level-headed and sweet) heiress. Meanwhile, Hitch's love life is a disaster, and becomes even more so when he meets and starts to fall for the lovely Sara.
Lest you think I'm putting Hitch forth as the best movie I've ever seen, let me clarify: We didn't mean to go see it three times; it sort of happened accidentally. First, we went and saw it by ourselves, then we went and saw it with Dan's sister and her boyfriend (because the boyfriend hadn't seen it yet and we didn't have any better ideas about how to spend the evening) and then we went and saw it with Dan's parents while celebrating his mom's birthday. It's one of those movies with broad enough appeal that nearly anyone can see and enjoy it. It's fairly clean too, which is always appreciated. :)
I lay it down as a general rule for myself not to recommend movies, for fear of eternally offending some innocent person who acts on my recommendation. So in view of that rule, this is me not recommending that you see Hitch. ;) *grin*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, as someone who likes to find out whether people she trusts like certain movies, did you LIKE "Hitch"?
Well, we went to see it three times. . . albeit "accidentally." So yeah, I think you could say we liked it. :)
Post a Comment