Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Birth-Month, Shall We Say

This is Mirel.




That is, the person who is not me and is not Dan, that is Mirel. :)

Mirel is Dan's "little" brother, and sometime during the month of December, he turned 19. My delay in posting this little happy birthday wish is due to my ongoing confusion over which day his birthday actually falls on, because no one seems to know for sure.

See, Mirel was adopted from Albania when he was six years old. His Albanian birth certificate contains a date of birth, not necessarily accurate, but sometime in December, I believe the 12th. When Mirel showed up in the States, he got an American birth certificate, which I think says his birthday is December 6th. I think the 13th has been thrown in the mix before too. And to make matters more confusing, Dan's mom has been known to move the birthday back and forth between the possible dates, depending on the year and whatever else was going on.

Suffice it to say, that as of today, the 23rd of December, I am certain that Mirel has had his 19th birthday. (And I am also certain that I need to figure out his real birthday before next year.)

So, happy birthday, Mirel! We both love you very much and we are so proud of the way you take notice of and serve others so selflessly. We are looking forward to spending Christmas with you. And we hope you'll forgive us for not posting this on your actual birthday... whenever that was. ;)

No comments: