Although I'm annoyed, because so far I just think I look chubby. And I'm not big enough to wear real maternity clothes yet.
The people who know me can tell I'm pregnant, since I'm definitely thicker in the midsection than before, but strangers don't even notice. And I suppose that's fine, but I find myself casually announcing my pregnancy to cashiers, waiters, sales people, etc. ... just so they won't think I'm a lumpy-stomached woman who doesn't exercise. Is that hideously vain of me?
Here are the very first "belly" pictures, taken the day after Thanksgiving during our tree-cutting excursion:
I reviewed this one on the digital camera screen and thought it wasn't quite the right angle, so I asked Dan to take a more level shot. So he did, but he forgot to include my head:
But hey, there's the baby bump! I think it's starting to sink in that there's really a little person growing in there. :)
7 comments:
Awh, you're so cute!
be glad. I know its frustrating, but my friend Charity even at 9 months looked just chunky & maternity clothes never fit her either. Be not afraid. You'll poof up more w/ the 2nd.
-Ceste
Just wait - you'll pop, and then there will be no mistaking it!
LOL - my word verification for this comment is "roppoly"!
I usually carry my babies pretty small, so people are surprised when I tell them I'm as far along as I am.
Unfortunately, that does translate into just looking thick. You and I are about the same weeks along, and I'm already wearing maternity jeans for comfort. I don't look as cute as you do!
-- SJ
Lookin' good!
I hate the just chubby looking phase, too. I'm ready to move on to looking obviously pregnant. I was about to relate my recent "tummy" stories, but then the comment grew to post size and I moved it to my blog.
You make a very cute pregnant mommy!
I think you look very cute and pregnant... but I know the feeling. It took a long while before I looked visably pregnant and there seemed to be a very long phase of looking fat vs. pregnant. But looking back... I'm glad I didn't look/feel like I did in the 3rd trimester for the whole pregnancy... it does get old and heavy. ;)
Post a Comment