Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bleeding Maroon and Gold

Guess what, ya'll? IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON AGAIN!

I'm mildly excited. Or could you tell?

And guess what else? Two of the greatest Redskins ever, Darrell Green and Art Monk, were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last week. I'm so proud. (Yes, I was only 4 years old during Darrell Green's rookie year. What's your point?)

The good news keeps on coming if you're a Redskins fan ... because the very next day, in their first preseason game (against the Indianapolis Colts--ahem--Superbowl 2007 winners, thank you very much), my Redskins WON, 30 to 16.

Oh yeah, and one more totally awesome thing...

I'M. GOING. TO. A. REDSKINS. GAME...


...


THIS. SATURDAY!

This will be my first time at FedEx Field, and the first time I've ever watched the Redskins play in person. Excuse me while I spin around in my chair and giggle like a little girl.

I am beyond excited. Or could you tell?

*Sigh* I just love going home. I just love it.

No comments: