Saturday, June 02, 2007

Car Crush

One of the things my brothers and my guy friends always thought was "cool" about me is that I like cars. I can get just as excited over a well-equipped sports coupe as any self-respecting, red-blooded American male. So the rest of this post will (hopefully) make sense.

Today, for the first time in my life, I drove a convertible. And it was a Porsche. It looks like this:



I have never had so much fun driving a car. :) Now I have a serious Porsche crush. I am talking goofy grin, hart palpitations, giggling, bona fide puppy love infatuation. And the problem is that it's contagious . . . because Dan has it too.







We wish it was ours, but it's not. We only borrowed it for the weekend. But when we have to give it back, we will probably cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing that's sad about this post is she left out all of the important parts... It's a 2004 Carerra 4S, can go 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and has a top speed of 174mph (I won't confess how fast I drove it). The 320hp, 3.8 ltr V6 coupled with the huge rear tires ($500 each) and all-wheel drive really allow you to virtually cross into heaven somewhere around 6,000 RPM between 1st and 2nd gear... But hey, for 90,000 clams you should get some kind of a rush. Angel also didn't really drive it like a Porsche is meant to be driven, I think she approached 90sh a few times and mostly enjoyed the throaty rumble of the engine and the all-leather interior since it looked "pretty". For a guy it wasn't "puppy love", it was more like riding two steroid laden cheetahs while whipping them with a rattle snake. But any way you you want to look at it, you haven't driven until you've driven something like this (and I don't care how loud your fake muffler is).
-Dan