Sunday, April 22, 2007

Settling In

Yesterday marked the three-week anniversary of officially moving in to our new house and I'm happy to say, things are starting to look relatively organized. We've managed to stow most of our belongings in their respective places--all except for the loft, which is still piled high with boxes containing old law school textbooks, scrapbooking supplies, sheet music and Christmas decorations. :)

The rest of the house being fairly presentable however, I thought it was time to provide some updated pictures.

This is my new dining room, sans purple paint and with furniture (as you can see, I chose red for the walls after all):





And this is my new bathroom--which used to be baby blue, but is now unapologetically monochromatic in black and white:








That paint job took me forever, as I was too nervous--it being black paint and all--to trust the lines to painter's tape. But now that it is finished, I am prodigiously proud of it. :) (I also have a definite weakness for toile, in case you couldn't tell.)

Here is the living room:








Master bedroom:




And guest bedroom:




There is still a lot of organizing and painting to do, but we are finding that we like the house better and better the more settled in we get. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love what you've done with the place...it hardly looks like the place you originally took picture s of. Of course, I'm partial to black, white, and red - and I SO love what you've done with those colors. ;) Can't wait to see it in person!

hugs,
me

Kelly Sauer said...

omigosh--I'm so jealous! It's perfect! Thank you for posting pictures! You must be so pleased, Angel!

Anonymous said...

though I like purple, I have to say that dinning room is good enough for a mag. REALLY really good job, Angel.
That's an amazing house for a young married couple to have. God's been good to you.

Angel said...

Eeyore--You're so right, and we are extremely grateful. :)

Anonymous said...

are we still talkng about the dinning room, LOL. jk
I found the most amazing house. a total dream. An old victorian farmhouse, over 100 years old. I filled out all the paperwork right there in the kitchen and sat on pins and needles all weekend. They gave it to a married 30s something couple with two kids, your "All American Family". I'm still trying not to be hurt aobut it. I can't delete the pics I took of that house though, it was amazing.

ANYWAYS, I am so happy for you. You look to have quite the house there. And I love what you've done with it. You have mad-skills

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

It looks great! You have made huge progress!