
One can easily see why being able to visit here (or golf here) would be an incredible experience. But alas, you are required to be either a resident/member or staying at one of the resorts to be allowed to actually dip your toe, if you will, in this pond of perfection.

This, so you all know, is my future house. My wife claims she doesn't "like it," meaning the architecture, but when she's watching the setting sun from the balcony of our $10,000,000 home while the maid brings us cheese and wine, she'll think differently. Trust me, she will.
And finally, I wanted to include a picture of the "lone sycamore" which has been the subject of many photographs, calendars and puzzles. This tree is said to be 250 years old and there is hope by the conservators that it will reach 300. It is said to be a testament to the hardiness of the species and that they can grow, and thrive, in unnatural environments.

It was a great sneak-peek of the area and I plan to take my wife back for a long weekend just as soon as possible. Nothing like being in one of the most beautiful spots on the coast with the most beautiful woman on the coast, now is there? :)
3 comments:
Very nice pictures. Its a beautiful area, definetly worth the drive. One of the many places in Cali that is very photo-friendly and there are some VERY nice places to stay. I would mention the aquarium and how its worth the visit but not everyone is like me. I still like visiting the zoo just for fun. :o)
Nah, I will say it anyway (just in case you haven't been there...), aside from the drive, the aquarium is worth seeing, just make sure to give yourself at least half of a day to spend time there. Lots to see. Also, the stores in that area are a kick to walk around in. Lots of hidden gems.
We've been to the aquarium -- that was our only previous trip to Monterey. We liked that so much we spent the whole day there and didn't have time for anything else . . . which is why we need to go back. :)
I totally get it. :o) Monterey is one of those few "vacation" places I could actually consider moving too.
Post a Comment