So the time of year has come again when it is customary (and fun) to send out the pictoral greeting card. The front sports an utterly stunning image of the family coupled with a short, but deeply meaningful, holiday message.
Angel and I have been in this very process this morning as the aforementioned "stunning" picture of us was taken last night. So now the only remaining decision is to decide what to use our 60 characters of space for.
My very special idea: "Spike the Nog and party like Hell cuz it's a Merry Christmas"
Not only is it exactly 60 characters (with spaces) but it's original and poignant.
For some reason that I'm sure is beyond all human understanding, Angel flatly refused to "spike the Nog" and substituted some otherwise more socially acceptable quote like "We love you all and wish for world peace and an end to hunger everywhere". That is so over 60 characters.
So I decided to post it on here instead as a well-wish to all you would-be Nog spikers and to also open the door for the overflowing amount of support I'm sure to receive on this issue. I am currently putting together a cardboard box to hold the voluminous respones, which I will print out, take home and tape all over the living room ceiling in triumphant support. It's going to be the best thing ever (and it will SO go with the tasteful Christmas decorating Angel did).
(The real test is to see how long this post lasts before it is replaced with "This post has been removed by the author" meaning I've truly lost all sense of hope of spreading my happy message. But this will be deleted also and the outpouring of sympathetic gestures I was sure to receive will be gone and so it matters not.)
Waaaaahooooo and have a giddy-up Christmas!
-Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nog is a bit too rich for me ... how 'bout "Chill the wine and light the fire and have a Merry Christmas" ...
Still 60 characters
Got to go with the 'spike the Nog and party like Hell' on this one! :^) Do you have any idea how impossibly rare it is to find an original piece of text on a holiday card?!
People try to make Christmas too solemnly joyful. For the reason we have for Christmas, 'Party like Hell' is totally perfect!
Post a Comment