Monday, October 03, 2005

Random Acts of . . . Randomness

I am a random person sometimes. Last week I announced to my husband that, for no apparent reason, I was experiencing a strong urge to make dill pickles. Since cucumbers are finished around here for the year, I dismissed the idea as yet another of my random oddities. ;)

Yesterday we went out to Sauvie Island to get pumpkins and indian corn for fall decorations and to visit Dan's grandma, who lives on a houseboat there. Lo and behold, at one of the farms we stopped at, what should be sitting around in 10-lb. bags but pickling cucumbers. *grin* They were practically giving them away, along with enormous bunches of dill. I doubt I need to say this, but: we came home with cucumbers.

Of course, we still had our visit to pay and shopping to do and then once we finally got home the cucumbers had to soak for at least two hours before canning. I didn't get to start my pickles until around 7:00 p.m. last night. I'm crazy, right? :) But I got them all done and they are sitting at home now, waiting for me to label them and put them away.

Yeah, I know; I'm strange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and we love you for it. *grin*