I have seen several people do this recently on their blogs, but I have yet to discover the point of the exercise. I must have missed the memo. Not that blogs are heavily into having a point all the time, but it seems to me that an exercise such as this should have some sort of purpose other than amusing the reader or writer. For example, string all the "fifth sentences" together from your friends' blogs and make a nonsensical story out of them or something.
Anyway, because of my general non-understanding of the game, or whatever it is, I hadn't posted it myself. I was, however, to be cleverly thwarted by Lachen's post and subsequent tagging of me of this morning. So, I have relented. Here goes. :)
The instructions are as follows:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence or close to it.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.
My illustrious fifth sentence: "We pulled everything out of all the closets and organized it, shampooed all the carpets, scoured the bathrooms and kitchen, and ended up taking a full carload of stuff to Goodwill on Sunday afternoon." (From "Scrub a Dub Dub" on November 9, 2004.)
My tagged people:
Heidi
Eeyore
Kelly
Ashton
Alison
(Kelly, I will forgive you if you don't do this for awhile, since you're GETTING MARRIED on Sunday! Yahoo for you and Pete, and congrats!!! :-D)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kelly already did it a few posts down and I've been noticing the recent trend as well but haven't gotten around to it...I spose I have to do it now, huh? *grin* As soon as I'm able...
*grin*
I feel an especially joyous sense of gratitude for your participation in this one, given the lack of luster on the whole "tagging" phenomenon for you. :) I think the macro TAGGING has something to do with checking in with one another and remembering to play once in awhile. Even if we don't quite get the rules or the point of the game.
But now don't you feel a sense of whimsical accomplishment?
...or something like that?...
*smile*
Shame on you! ;-) See my blog for my reply. Actually, I have to confess that it was kind of fun to go back and read the archives.
Any pictures yet from your latest adventures?
~Alison
As Heidi noted, I already did it, but here is what my sentence was:
-->"The world around me grew clouded, sinking into darkness barely lit by the sliver of brightness left from the silhouetted moon." - (http://livingbygrace.blogspot.com/2004/10/moonlight.html), October 30, 2004.
Post a Comment