Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Big Spoon Date

On Sunday evening Dan suggested we go out for a Big Spoon date. This is like suggesting a game of fetch to a Labrador. If you live in or near Sacramento, you know exactly what "Big Spoon" is. If you don't live in Sacramento and have never heard of "Big Spoon," I am very sorry for you. Big Spoon is wondiferously amazing. Big Spoon is the sun and the moon. Big Spoon is the mecca for pregnant women... well, and a lot of other people too.

I'm talking about Big Spoon Yogurt. It's a self-serve frozen yogurt bar with about a hundred different sauces, candies, creams and sprinkles so you can make your yogurt sundae just the way you like it. At the end of the assembly line they charge you by the ounce. My typical sundae usually runs me about $3.

The possibilities are endless. Sometimes I go for the "healthy" option--peach or raspberry yogurt with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Sometimes I make a death-by-chocolate concoction full of brownie bites and M&Ms and drenched in hot fudge. The other day I had "snickerdoodle" yogurt with caramel sauce and apple pie filling over top. And one of my absolute favorites is peanut butter and vanilla yogurt with melted peanut butter, crushed Reese's peanut butter cups and miniature Reese's pieces.

And yes, my baby is going to come out weighing 18 lbs.

On Sunday I went for the peanut butter option. Dan (whose combinations are always more imaginative than mine) had chocolate and peanut butter yogurt with a bunch of candy and Captain Crunch cereal on top. We took a long, leisurely walk around the neighborhood while we ate our yogurt, enjoying the perfect spring weather and the charming homes with their flowering shrubs and picturesque landscaping. It was pretty much the perfect date. :)

2 comments:

Whatsit said...

wow, that does sound awesome! :) Been missing you guys.

Kelly Sauer said...

lol - fun! do you have any recent pregnancy pictures of you??? I want to see you cute!