Friday, March 06, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

This is my dad and me, on a day very long ago and far away. He was about to walk me down the aisle and he had taken a moment to pray for me:


I've always kind of considered myself a daddy's girl (as if you couldn't tell from the photo!). We had our moments of conflict of course, especially when I was a teenager, but his approval always meant more to me than anyone else's--even though I often wouldn't admit it.

My dad is incredibly intelligent, a very hard worker and probably the most trustworthy person I know. It used to infuriate me, the way he could keep secrets. :) He is also very wise. Even now, I still seek out his opinions on things from financial matters to church disputes. I don't think his advice has ever steered me wrong. :)

I love you, Dad! Hope your birthday is great. :)

2 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

i remember that pic...

Janice Phillips said...

What a precious testimony! A real blessing and gift!