
Michael is my closest sibling in age, so he bore the brunt of all my big sister bossiness for most of his life, while I bore the brunt of his little brother tormenting. As far as my sibling relationships go, I have the most to regret when it comes to Michael, because I was pretty awful to him until we both hit our teens. He got to be 12 or 13 and somehow magically started behaving like a gentleman and I couldn't very well fight with him any more. :)
Michael is the most conscientious and disciplined person I know. He gets up at 4:00 or 5:00 every day, he works out like a wannabe olympian, he taught himself to speak Mandarin pretty well before he moved to China, he's always managed his money carefully, and he has been more mature than me since ... well, probably since that magic day when he was 12 or 13. He is exactly the kind of brother a girl wants to have: strong, smart, protective, dedicated and tough enough to scare the creeps away. ;)
Mike has been in China almost full time for over two years now. It's hard on all of us, especially my mom, to have him so far away, but this has been his calling and his dream for a very long time and we're proud and supportive of what he is doing.
Happy birthday, bro. You are one of my heroes. Love you!
1 comment:
Praying for a Christ filled birthday in that dark country. I read many VOM prayer requests for persecuted Christians there and am praying for them and for God to give him opportunities to shine brightly there!
Post a Comment