Today is the birthday of none other than my very own precious Mama.
My mom is my hero. She has birthed and raised eleven children (and suffered through eleven serious bouts of morning sickness, which is currently striking me as a feat of epic greatness). She homeschooled all of us, she keeps a huge house looking lovely, she cooks, she cans, she quilts, she sews, she gardens ... she is pretty much more amazing than Superwoman.
But my mom is so much more than a good housewife. She became a Christian when I was little, and she has always had a keen insight into spiritual things and an evident desire to grow closer to God. Her hunger for God and her implicit faith in Him had a profound influence on my growing up years. I never doubted that her faith was sincere and real.
My mom is a great example of what a Christian woman should be: gracious, kind, diligent, industrious, loyal, devoted to her family, and even more devoted to God.
I love you, Mom! Happy birthday! (I can't wait to see you ... hopefully before the baby comes. :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your Mom. :)
Post a Comment