Monday, July 21, 2008

Half Moon Bay

About me, today:

Way behind on blogging (not to mention housework!). Drowning at the office. Trying to get ready for upcoming travels. Really, really missing my recent escape to Half Moon Bay for a week in July.

Here's why:


The Ritz-Carlton hotel, where my every need was promptly and cheerfully met and every pain was taken to ensure my utmost comfort and happiness.


Quiet, sandy beaches just waiting for early morning wanderers.


Tiny dirt paths atop these cliffs, perfect for long bicycle rides in the wind.


60 degree coolness in July.







Tidepools brimming with marine life.



Windswept coastal beauty everywhere.



Sundays, when high heels, hairstyles and make-up are optional.

And best of all . . .


Husbands who drive down to spend the weekend. My favorite.

Technically, I was working, not vacationing. And work I did, quite a bit actually--from about 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day during the week. But that week in Half Moon Bay was the most wonderful, restful thing I've done in ages.

1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

It sounds amazing. I'm so jealous...