Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Autumn at Last

I think autumn has officially arrived in Sacramento. For the last couple of weeks, the weather has been getting steadily cooler and the mornings have been overcast.

I love autumn. It's my second-favorite season--spring being first, of course. I'm happy to see that it comes so perceptibly in California; after those weeks of triple digits during the summer, I wasn't sure. ;)

Over the weekend we unpacked all of our autumn decorations. It was fun to find places to put them in our "new" house. I especially love doing my tablescape for each season. It works out well, since we hardly ever use that table anyway, and it looks so nice all done up, especially around the holidays. :) Dan bought some special autumn potpouri at Z Gallerie last year and was thrilled to find that it had retained its cinnamony scent while being in storage. He arranged it carefully in a platter and set it on our coffee table with satisfaction. "How lame am I?" he asked me, laughingly. "Doing this kind of stuff makes me happy . . . that's so un-manly." Personally, I think it's very nice to have a husband who cares about how our home looks/smells/feels. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww,, I love Autumn. Here it's a little sketchy, being a desert and all, but the weather has become cooler, and it was cloudy all day on Thursday, with rain to boot. Yay! But now I can't run out the door to school in flip flops when I sleep in.... darn!

Kelly Sauer said...

Kelly: Oh gosh, we're glad we're not the only ones who don't use our table!

Pete: Dining room tables are for wimps. Real men buy potpourri. I am finished. Totally.

;-)