Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You're It

My friend Lachen has "tagged" me to participate in this little survey and since I adore Lachen I am being obliging. ;)

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

1 -- wrecking my dad's car when I was 19; 2 -- wrecking my dad's (same) car when I was 20; 3 -- wrecking my own car when I was 21. (There have been stupider things but these were the first three that came to mind *grin*).

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

I have to agree with Lachen here and say my Heavenly Father. He is the one who guides my every step and plans my path out before me. He provides above and beyond for all my needs. He rises the sun for me each morning and wakes me up to enjoy it. Without Him, I could do nothing.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Hmm. . . Mary (Jesus' mother), Robert E. Lee, Elisabeth Elliot, Ronald Reagan and my husband, because I can't imagine doing anything that special without him. :)

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

Not supernatural? Does this mean they have to actually be possible in the realm of reality? That limits things, doesn't it. :) Ok, let's see. . . 1 -- to be the best wife to my husband that I can possibly be; 2 -- the gospel of Jesus Christ shared with every living person; 3 -- to live the rest of my life in my home state of Virginia. ;)

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Two things I regret Portland not having: sunshine (most of the year) and items of historical importance (the Lewis & Clark stuff doesn't really count). Two things to avoid: November and January (there are more bad months, but it only asked for two things *angelic look*).

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

That one fateful day in law school when I met this guy named Daniel . . . (and the rest, as they say, is history).

1 comment:

lachen said...

That is beautiful and revealing. I especially will take note of the driving skills (or lack thereof? *grin*) inherent in three wrecks in successive years? Oh my... poor you AND poor Dad.

And how could I have overlooked, in my own answers, Elisabeth Elliot? Reading Passion and Purity in college, while bombarded with seculaism and indulgent sexual practices (sad to say, even within the Christian circles to some degree) deeply impacted my committment to the one I would marry even before I married him. Truly, she is a gift.

Thanks for playing. You make a superb "It". :)