First, an update: The job is going just fine; we're still having a hard time believing they pay us as much as they do to do what we are doing. But we're not complaining. :)
It's nice to be back in our pre-Bar-exam "groove." We get up at the old time (6:00 - 6:15), I iron Dan's clothes, we get ready for the day, pack our lunches and head off to the train stop around 7:15. We work from 8:00 to 5:00, go home, I make dinner and we spend the rest of the evening catching up on housework, running errands, paying bills or occasionally just watching TV together.
Lately I've been using my evenings to work on my wedding album/scrapbook. Yes, I know it's been almost two years since the wedding. :-P It's just that from the time we got married until just recently I've had to use most of my weeknights to study. Now that I have no schoolwork to do (I still can't believe that either), I'm having loads of fun doing the things I've missed doing for the past few years -- especially my music and crafty things like crocheting and scrapbooking.
So the album is coming along nicely, except that I am taking waaaaay too long to finish it! ;) In a few weeks we are leaving for D.C./Virginia for a divine nine whole days' vacation with my family at the beach and I really wanted to have the album done so I could take it home to show my mom. Alas, she may have to settle for seeing only the first half. :) My problem is that I like to spend an hour on each page trying to make it absolutely perfect. :-P I need to learn how to work more quickly (or else be satisfied with less-than-perfect pages *grin*). However, I have high ambitions for myself for the next two weeks of weeknights. . . with any luck I might actually finish before our trip. I'll be making a valiant effort, anyway. :)
Daniel has been keeping himself busy with various "home improvement" projects -- not that there's much we're free to improve, since we are in an apartment. But he replaced the flooring in the kitchen and both bathrooms, which has had me in a state of euphoria for the past week or so. If you're wondering how it is possible to feel euphoric about flooring, you never saw the old linoleum. ;) The new floor and new paint in those several rooms makes the whole apartment feel just a bit newer and fresher, which is very nice.
And so our life has returned to a somewhat normal state while we are awaiting the exam results. As Dan says, however, I think we'd be enjoying it a little more if we weren't dreading the end of November so much. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey sweetie... sounds like lots of fun. I haven't done any more scrapbooking since I got back (it's just not as much fun as doing it with you!) It must be so wonderful to get back into things like crafts and music after so long of studying in the evenings. I love hearing about your new (less stressful) life. :)
Oh... *sigh* I was so hoping you'd posted again... I've been thinking about you a lot, especially as I'm getting closer to my own wedding. Please pray for me--a lot of stuff from the past just doesn't seem to want to die. I am so glad that you guys are past the bar! I can appreciate the idea of stress-free, non-studying evenings and weekends! I can't WAIT until my honeymoon!
Angel - So glad things are going so well for you and you were able to get such fantastic temp jobs! Praise God!
And, about scrapbooking, I haven't started on anything yet, not wedding, not pre-wedding, nothing. And now we have a baby - so I feel especially pressured. Sigh ...
Post a Comment