Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Of Christmas Just Past

Good morning, all; I'm sitting in my office on my first day back from a deliciously refreshing week and a half long vacation at "home" in Virginia for the holidays. Dan and I flew east on Christmas Eve and returned last night. Though we had hoped for a white Christmas we had to settle for a cold and sunny one (but we got a 74-degree New Year's Day!). It was so wonderful to be back with my family for Christmas, with all the small children scampering about and all my favorite old traditions to observe. It was Dan's first Christmas with my family and I loved being able to include him in some of our annual traditions, like singing Christmas carols together around the table on Christmas Eve, or the hours and hours of present-opening on Christmas morning. *grin*

But now it's back to reality and the very large pile of work which seems to have accumulated during my absence. ;)

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

No comments: