Thursday, May 07, 2009

Mother's Day Dilemma

This year is the first year I am entitled to celebrate Mother's Day in my own right. Of course (unless there's a really big surprise), our baby won't actually be here by Mother's Day, so I'll just be celebrating almost-motherhood, I guess.

So um... how do we do that, exactly? Dan and I were talking about it, and we're stumped. It feels kind of weird to be celebrating when our baby isn't even here yet. And I can't exactly take a day off from my mothering duties, which at this point consist solely of carting the little man around 24/7. :) I'm not really into the whole Mother's Day brunch/tea schtick. I suppose there's always jewelry and flowers, but that seems very Valentines-y and somehow, I don't feel like I've earned them yet. ;)

Maybe I'll just spend the afternoon reading baby books in the nursery. That would be fitting, no?

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

Get a pedicure. That's a VERY nice treat, especially for mothers-to-be who's feet are tired of carrying all that extra weight. :)