. . . as in, coming off of one, not going on one. Since I've been "on" a blogging hiatus of sorts for oh, several months now. :)
A blog is something like a window, I think, whereby we see into another person's world through their eyes and their thoughts. The simple truth is, lately I've much preferred peering into other people's windows over opening my own. I'm not sure why.
Yes, I've been busy. That's always true, especially with the advent of summer and the flurry of activity it always includes. But it's more than that. I've been spending more time thinking and less time talking--just in general. I like the quiet and the contemplation of things. And I haven't had much to say.
That, and on a completely superficial note, I no longer like my blogskin. I've had this one for nearly four years and it's high time for a change. But since I possess no Photoshop or computer graphic design skills whatsoever, I haven't done anything about it. But I'm going to. Soon. At least, that's the plan.
The third and final reason I haven't been blogging is, well, quite frankly because I don't like the way I write. I never have, really. And with all of this peering into other people's windows--people whose writing I do like--my pitiful attempts at prose have seemed especially substandard. And because the only thing I know how to write anymore is legalese. ;)
So I'm envisioning a change--a total makeover, if you will. New blogskin, new (non)writing style--the unedited saga of two young attorneys as seen through our sometimes smudged-up windows. I hope you like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awh, I've always loved your writing, ever since the days when we used to email nearly every day. I can hear your voice when I read your writing, and I've always thought that's the most important thing about reading someone's letters/blogs/whatever. :) So I look forward to reading more.
And new blogskins are definitely nice... ;)
Post a Comment