Tuesday, March 25, 2008

5K Recap

Well readers, I survived. This is me before the race:


This is me during the race (and no, I'm not photogenic when I'm running):


And this is me just a few yards from the finish line:

The gentleman in front of me is Ted. I sprinted to the finish line at this point and beat him by one whole second. I'd be proud of that, except that he's 61 years old.

I finished 82nd out of 164 participants. I was the 40th female to finish and 8th (out of 20) in my age group (20-29). Right about the middle of the pack on all counts.

The only bummer thing is that I didn't make my time goal. I think I was a little too optimistic about what I could reasonably do in one month of training. I suffered a couple of minor injuries the week before the race which I think slowed me down somewhat. But the important thing (to me) is that I ran the whole thing without stopping, having a heart attack, or losing consciousness. For this, I was very pleased. :)

I've registered for another 5K race in May. I can work on my time between now and then. :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you. You look great! :)