Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pleasantries

Yesterday was a day full of happy things. It started with waking up to the sound of rain falling on the tin roof outside. Normally I hate rain, but the rain-on-a-tin-roof sound is one of its few redeeming characteristics. :) Then my darling husband unexpectedly brought me breakfast in bed. Talk about being spoiled! After my luxurious breakfast I did some cleaning which wasn't necessarily fun but needed to be done . . . and it did give me a good feeling when it was finished. :) I spent the afternoon putting away all of our Christmas decorations and restoring our home to some state of normalcy. While I did this I watched the Redskins win the first playoff game of the season (woohoo!) and Dan studied (occassionally poking his head out of the office to find out why I was cheering this time). In the evening I hit the gym, which always gives me a feeling of accomplishment, and came home to enjoy a yummy dinner and a movie with my sweetie.

*happy sigh* I love Saturdays like that. :)

No comments: