Sunday, January 08, 2006

Happy New Year Everybody!

We've had a lot of activity around here lately, which is why I haven't posted in awhile (sorry!). On Christmas Eve we welcomed our friend Kate from Virginia, who spent both Christmas and New Year's with us. It was so nice to have a friend from home here for the holidays. This being Kate's first trip to Oregon, we saw a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. As is typical, it rained the whole time she was here, except for about 2 precious hours in Cannon Beach last Sunday -- so she actually got to see the Oregon coast in the sunshine, which of course is its prettiest. :)

Unfortunately, overshadowing Kate's visit was a legal writing assignment I had been given by a partner in the firm where we have been working. On the one hand it was very positive because this writing assignment could be my ticket to a job in Sacramento. On the other hand, I had to dedicate a little bit of time to working on the paper while Kate was here, which made me feel like a very bad hostess. And after dropping Kate off at the airport this past Tuesday at 5:00 a.m., and being at the office on Tuesday from 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (all non-working hours being spent on the paper), I was feeling like a very bad person in general with not enough sleep. :) Thankfully, the paper is finished and turned in and sitting on someone's desk in Sacramento for consideration this upcoming week. If you think of me, please pray that the partners there would be impressed enough to want to hire me. *grin* The clock is ticking on our lease here and this is the most promising lead I have had so far. It's also an incredible firm to work for; I would be thrilled to have a permanent position with them.

Anyway, I hope everyone's Christmas and New Year's was happy. :) Welcome, 2006! I can't wait to see what this year holds for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes - i LIVED in VA but i'm not FROM there! therefore - i've never had any loyalties to MD. in fact - growing up we didn't watch much basketbal. sooo - when i finally started to get into college ball ... i decided to side with my sister and go with duke. and then now - i live here - i have to be a fan (or you seriously get dirty looks!)

but ... if you are a md fan - i won't hold it against you! ;)

love ya girl! ~ aimes

Amy K said...

Sounds like a good opportunity, if it pans out for you. We'll be praying for you guys! It's hard to be patient when it comes to things like being able to make a living!! I know this first-hand.